Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Visit to Idaho- Hiking

We had the chance to go to Idaho to see our family.  We got to stay with Kelli and Greg at their house and hang out with their kids.  Us girls got to go shopping and left the kids with Greg and Grandpa Dahlstrom.  They had a great time playing in the pool and riding Uncle Greg.




We went hiking to Gem Lake in Teton National Park.  Grandpa was nice enough to carry Elsa for me.  (Scott had to stay in Colorado and work) It was a way nice hike.  There was a bear hanging out on the trail.  We had to wait for him to pass.  The kids thought that was super exciting.

Grandpa with Elsa, Kelli, Greg with Coulson, Brison, Rhys and I

We took the ferry back across Gem Lake instead of hiking around it.  The kids thought that was really cool.  Elsa certainly enjoyed it.

These are some of my siblings and their kids.  Sarah and TJ were up from Nevada for the Fourth of July.  It was fun hanging out with them.

A few of us took a hike to some lake in the mountains.  I can't remember what it was called.  I just know, that it reminded me how out of shape I am.  Luckily Aiden, Alyssa, and Kenya were with us and they are slow hikers so I wasn't the last coming up the hill.  That made me feel better to not be the weak link.  It was nice to get out and hike around.  I was tired but it was fun.

Alyssa, Kenya, Brooks, and TJ

Kevin

Me at the lake

Aiden, Kenya, Alyssa, and I

The kids, Kevin, and I

So I told the guys I would buy the first one to dive into the lake I would buy them dinner.  I couldn't believe how fast Brooks dove it.  And that lake was COLD!  He jumped in so fast I couldn't even get my camera out.  I had to buy him dessert so he would jump in a second time so I could get a picture.  He's a little crazy.




No comments: