Monday, January 2, 2012

Craftiness


Santa was so sweet and brought me a sewing machine for Christmas. Just what I wanted! How did he know?! I'm so excited to learn to make really cute things now and be able to mend my own clothes. I've been hard at work figuring out how to work it. It's a Kenmore, and seems to be pretty user friendly. I haven't broken it yet so that's a good sign.

I was so proud of myself because I had to tell the fabric cutter lady how much fabric I wanted in Spanish and she actually understood what I said. Luckily the word YARD in Spanish is YARDA. That's the kind of Spanish I like speaking.


I had seen these cute Christmas napkins a while ago and really liked them. I'm so excited that I made something really cute and I didn't break my sewing machine or get super frustrated, like what usually happens when I sew. Now I'm on the lookout for another fun sewing project.



I just bought a pattern book from Ammeesbabies with tons of crochet flower patterns. I've been having fun trying some of the patterns out. They turn out so cute! I have a pretty cute model as well, so I think that might help their cuteness. This one is the gardenia and is so easy but turns out so great!



2 comments:

MegJill said...

Eva,
Those crocheted bows are SUPER cute! Wish I knew how to make some like that.
That's so exciting that you got a sewing machine! Esther asked me if I could send you the boy tie pattern. It is a PDF in my email account. Let me know if you want to use it. I can just give you my log in info. and then you can print it.

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Your flowers are SO cute!!!! I love them! Elsa is adorable!