Friday, March 13, 2009

Ok, it ended!!!!











Well I was supposed to be induced on Saturday but Rhys decided to join our family a little early. I had a doctors appointment Tuesday morning and I was 2 cm dialated. On the way home from the appointment I started having contractions. Once we got home (which takes about an hour, by the way) I started keeping track of contractions. About 4 o'clock we decided we probably better head back into town to the hospital. It was the longest ride of my life!! I swear Jane was driving under the speed limit the whole time and we were hitting every red light. When we got there and they checked me I was at a 4 (which meant I was far enough along for an epidural). Oh glorious drugs!!!! We love epidurals, unfortunately it wasn't really working the whole time. For the 3 HOURS I was pushing I felt every contraction. The reason it took so long was because he was turned the wrong way. He was facing the side instead of down so he was stuck behind my pubic bone. My doctor tried to turn him manually but then we had to go for the suction. They had to stick the suction cup to his head and tried to pull him out. Even with the suction he still wasn't coming. We decided to try one more time and if that didn't work we were going to have to do C-section. At that point, I really didn't care, I just wanted him out!!! Luckily the last time worked, he was born at 11:50 pm on Tuesday. He is so beautiful even though the suction did wierd things to his head. He was 8 pounds 11 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long, with a 14 1/2 inch head. He's got a huge noggin. He's so good too. He really only cries when you change his diaper. He also really likes to sleep in my bed with me, which I think is cute now and I like, but I realize I have to change that habit, like now. Anyway, he's here now. We named him Rhys D'Albini Dahlstrom (D'Albini is a family name and it was better than Rufus). We're home now and Scott gets here tonight and will finally be able to meet his son!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh, we're so happy for you! Rhys is a beautiful boy and I can't wait to 'watch' him grow up the next little while! Kudos to you for doing this without Scott at your side!

MegJill said...

Eves, WooHoo! So glad your baby is here and both of you survived! I still can't believe you are a mom, and Scott is a dad. I remember when I couldn't imagine someone calling Brooks "dad", now I do it all the time.
We want to call you sometime. I was going to tonight, but then Aiden got sicker with whatever sickness he's had for the last week. Anyway, we'll let you have fun with Scott for a while and call you next week. Enjoy your little beeble!

Nanci said...

Yay! I'm glad he decided to debut early, or you probably wouldn't have been able to get him out naturally! Feel ya on the big noggin thing, Wyatt had a 14 1/2 in head too! He sure is cute! Congats!

Cheryl said...

Yea! You're a Mom!! He is a beautiful baby!! From the second picture, he looks like an Eva clone!! Congratulations, Momma!!